We are driven by a vision.
Hark Society was founded in 2013 by Alexandra Tynion and Kaitlin Margraf. Alex and Kait met as classmates at Georgetown University. Both were passionate about sports, school, service, friends, and having fun and were involved with multiple on and off campus activities. Upon graduating from Georgetown in 2012, Alex and Kait moved to New York for job opportunities but found something was missing- a chance to get involved with the community. Thinking back to their own high school and college experiences, Alex and Kait identified what had been meaningful to them- all the things they got to participate in outside of the classroom setting. For Alex it was field hockey, soccer, photography, and community service and for Kait it was basketball, soccer, and volunteering. Putting their heads together and reaching out to some of their Georgetown peers, Hark Society was born with a mission to bring activities like the ones Alex and Kait had pursued to underserved youth in the city. Today, Hark Society is run by a dedicated team of volunteers, many of who were Alex and Kait’s classmates. To find out more about each of these individuals, check out their bios below.
- Kait MargrafCo-Founder and Co-PresidentKait is a portfolio manager at PIMCO investing in real estate private equity. She graduated from Georgetown University in 2012 with a double major in Finance and Marketing. Kait was brought up with strong values of volunteering and helping the community and was inspired to co-found Hark Society as an opportunity for young professionals access volunteer opportunities in the city to connect with the city's youth.
- Alex TynionCo-Founder and Co-PresidentAlex is a Marketing Executive for SeedInvest - a leading equity crowdfunding platform. She graduated Georgetown University in 2012 with a major in American Studies with a minor in French. Giving back has always been a passion of hers and she is thankful for the strong community of young professionals engaged around Hark's mission.
- Rachael Piltch-LoebBoard Member, Strategy & OperationsRachael is a master's candidate at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health with plans to pursue doctoral work. She is also a research assistant supporting projects at the intersection of public health and social systems. Graduating from Georgetown in 2012, Rachael has worked with a variety of organizations in development, programmatic, and teaching capacities. As the Chair of Operations, she is excited to support the development and sustainability of Hark Society.
- Nick PintoBoard Member, EventsNick is a brand strategist at Interbrand - a leading brand consultancy headquartered in NYC. He graduated from Georgetown's McDonough School of Business in 2012 with a major in Finance. As Chair of Events, Nick has enjoyed seeing the support that friends and other young professionals have shown through attendance at Hark's social and volunteer events.
- Katie EisensteinBoard Member, FundraisingKatie is an Assistant Account Executive for Joie -- a California based women's clothing line. She graduated from Georgetown in 2012 with a major in American Studies. While at Georgetown Katie was her Class Gift Chair and still remains active in fundraising for Georgetown post graduation,experience she brings to Hark Society as Chair of Fundraising.
- Sean CraneBoard Member, FundraisingSean is a member of the Healthcare Advisory practice at PwC. He graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University with a bachelors of science in Healthcare Management and Policy. Sean is grateful for the opportunity to give back to the community in his hometown.
- Colleen SullivanBoard Member, FinanceColleen graduated from Georgetown in 2012 with a double major in finance and international business and a minor in economics. She is enthusiastic about the opportunity to draw from her education and prior work experience to deliver Hark's Financial Literacy Program to young adults in the NYC area. After graduation, Colleen spent two years as an analyst in Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Real Estate, Gaming, and Lodging Investment Banking group and is currently an Investment Analyst at Northwood Investors, a real estate private equity firm.
- Perry RogersVP, FinancePerry graduated from Georgetown in 2012 where she majored in accounting and finance. While there she discovered her passion for combining her interest in philanthropy and finance through her work as Treasurer for Georgetown's Globemed Chapter. She is excited to utilize her skill set further through her work on Hark's Financial Literacy Program. She currently works as an Investment Banking Associate at J.P. Morgan.
- Kelsey SkomorowskiDirector, Mentor ProgramKelsey is a Client Associate in Private Wealth Management at JP Morgan. She graduated from Georgetown University in 2012 with a double major in Finance and International Business and a minor in Psychology. She has been involved with Hark through Hark Mentors since spring 2013 and loves connecting young professionals with the 8th grade graduates from Bronx Charter School for Excellence.
- Kevin StephensDirector, Volunteer ProgramKevin works at Bloomberg LP where he is a Manager in the Analytics Department. He graduated from Villanova University in 2012 with a degree in Business Administration, majoring in Finance with a minor in Business Law. Kevin has had a passion for working with kids since his days as a camp counselor and has continued to grow that passion through his involvement with Hark.
- Shani MillerDirector, EventsShani graduated from George Washington University in 2010 with a major in Psychology and a minor in Creative Writing. After working at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, she returned to school and is currently a second year Postbaccalaureate Prehealth Studies student at New York University, pursuing her dream of becoming a medical doctor. Civic engagement and community involvement have always been an important part of her life, and she is grateful that Hark allows her to continue to engage in both with other enthusiastic young professionals and students.
- Ashley MargrafDirector, Passion Project CoordinatorAshley works at Yelp! Inc. where she is an Account Executive for local sales. She graduated from Loyola University Maryland in 2014 with a degree in Communications focusing on Advertising & Public Relations. Ashley has always had a passion for working with children and is excited to bring that same passion through the Mentor/Mentee program and Passion Project Scholarship.